Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Finally Here!

So I finally created my blog, which should have been done awhile ago.  But, for those of you who know how much trouble I have with technology you're probably not surprised.
I had the advantage of looking through all of my fellow travelers blogs before I made mine so I could get some good ideas of what I wanted mine to look like.  Everyone had amazing quotes that helped describe their blog and what they want to get out of this journey.  I started to look through some of my favorite quotes and came upon this one:

“One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller
This quote is perfect at explaining how I first got interested in going to study abroad in South Africa.  Besides the fact that I've always wanted to travel and South Africa seemed like an amazing place to go, more than anything I wanted to be able to see things in a new perspective.  By going outside of my comfort zone and going to South Africa I will be able to get a new perspective on things that I would've never been able to experience if I had not gone on this journey.  More than anything I am hoping that I obtain a new way of seeing myself and discover things about myself that I never knew.  I will keep you updated on what I find out about myself and the culture around me as the journey goes on.  I will also continue to post pre-departure blogs so I can catch you up on what I have been doing to prepare for the trip and more!

5 DAYS UNTIL I AM ON THE PLANE!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment